Purpose: It is a goal of the Shiawassee County Farm Bureau to support the industry of Agriculture, including the education of youth for future careers in our industry. Financial support for youth pursuing careers in agricultural related occupations should be a planned, annual effort of our organization. Therefore, the Shiawassee County Farm Bureau has developed the following scholarship program.
- Scholarship application must be filled out completely.
- Letter of Recommendation
- A Typewritten page explaining: Why you chose your (intended or current) major or (intended or current) program and how you plan to use your education after you graduate.
- A typed current resume.
- Applicants must submit their application to Shiawassee County Farm Bureau, Scholarship Committee, 915 N. Shiawassee St., Corunna, MI 48817, along with a letter of recommendation, by June 1, 2020. (Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.)
- The awards will be presented at the county annual meeting September 15, 2020. Scholarship winner will be informed by August 31, 2020.
- The check will be written in the name of an accredited agricultural institution.
If you have any questions, please contact the county office at (989-725-5174).